Introspection

It was cool in the darkened room. The mid-November wind came in comforting blasts through the partially opened window. I was sitting wrapped within the warmth and protection of my blanket, allowing my face alone to be exposed.

I had always enjoyed the excitement of learning, exploring ideas, and working with creative thought, and I had been living in Yeshiva for a year and some months now, attempting to draw closer to G-d and actualize my purpose in creation.

The initial focus of direction with which I had set out had gradually been all but lost in the monotonous tedium of each seceding day, and the joy which had once fueled my passion had disappeared.

There was an emptiness inside of me, a desire for something more. So I was sitting there that winter night examining my place in life, and thinking of where I thought I ought to be.

No comments: